Saturday, May 2, 2020

Bitch Revolution, Screenplay, Review And Interview





In the short screenplays at the 2019 Filmquest film festival (website) Bitch Revolution was recognized as one of the top 20.

It is set in a post-apocalyptic world.

Synopsis

Candypop has been sent to kill the rogue PoP called Lillypop. What she finds instead is a bunch of women ready to take on the theocratic rule of The Collective.

Zeus Kontoyannis wrote Bitch Revolution, and shares his inspiration for the story. He also shares other information on what else he likes and what got him into filmmaking.

What was the inspiration for Bitch Revolution?

Bitch Revolution is still in screenplay format and we're schedule to shoot it in April/May 2020. For me, it'll be the first time directing a fight scene and it'll be a good test of my dialogue skills. The idea came to me while I was procrastinating on writing a different screenplay. You know, one of those head banging against the wall moments trying to figure out the dreaded middle part of the story. Instead of making the headache worse, I turned to building a Star Wars Lego set and for some unknown reason, poof! There was the film. Couple hours later I had 15 pages. There is no secret sauce or formula for inspiration it just happens and when it does, run with it. 

What project(s) do you have coming up you're excited about?

We currently have two films out in the festival circuit. Mr. Sam, a drama about a mortician falling in love with a dead body and EXT, a CGI/live action sci-fi film which took us 4 years to finish. Coming up we have a phenomenal World War 2 doc finishing up post, a short drama about an immigrant family living in an all-white trailer park and a short experimental film shooting end of September on 16mm film. And while all that's happening we have three features in development. Needless to say we are incredibly excited!

What was your early inspiration for pursuing a career in film?

I grew up in Greece and all we had at the time were 8 TV channels. The movies they showed (other than Greek films) were the classic 80's action, horror, adventure films, your Indiana Jones, Nightmare On Elm Street, Robocop and all the other great films. I would spend hours on end watching these films with a particular love for all movies with Arnold Schwarzenegger. Bed time consisted of reading comic books or fantasy novels and from there, my imagination ran wild. Then along came Star Wars and that was the writing on the wall folks. My calling was to make movies but more importantly, tell great stories. 

What would be your dream project?

Live action Thundercats. That's right! You heard it here first. No idea how I would pull it off but I'm sure as hell gonna do my best! 

What are some of your favorite pastimes when not working on a movie?

I co-run a charity for my older brother called The Nikolas Symposium, something my family is very proud of building over the last 30 years. You'll probably find me building Lego's, particularly Star Wars Lego's. I've amassed a nice little collection. Watching movies of course or a solid TV show. My other close to big love is food so chances are you'll find me in the kitchen cooking up a storm (had I not gone into filmmaking I would definitely turn my skills to becoming a chef.) To the huge annoyance of my girlfriend, I will spend multiple hours watching WWE (and now AEW, yaaa!) Yep. Love it. 

What is one of your favorite movies and why?

It has to be the movie that really put me over the edge. No, not Star Wars that just solidified my love. 2001: A Space Odyssey. As an adult it was the first time I had seen sci-fi done in such a beautifully operatic and cinematic way and it completely blew me away. In fact, it is the movie that reminded me how much I love films and telling stories. As a teen, I lost my path in life for some time. 2001 brought me back to my true passion and I am forever thankful that it did. 

You can find out more about Zeus Kontoyannis and his filmmaking on

Facebook (link)
Instagram: zeuspictures1
Twitter: ZeusPictures

I'm working at keeping my material free of subscription charges by supplementing costs by being an Amazon Associate and having advertising appear. I earn a fee when people make purchases of qualified products from Amazon when they enter the site from a link on Guild Master Gaming and when people click on an ad. If you do either, thank you.

If you have a comment, suggestion, or critique please leave a comment here or send an email to guildmastergaming@gmail.com.

I have articles being published by others and you can find most of them on Guild Master Gaming on Facebookand Twitter(@GuildMstrGmng).


No comments:

Classic Lishi Tools page:1